Lamp Server

Lamp Server (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP) server is a significantly popular server. The server works compatibly with websites that are based on a complex database. Lamp Server is something that is when set up does not need constant babysitting and works intelligently on its own. LAMP is a multi-layered open-source web development platform that uses Linux as its operating system, Apache as a Web server, MySQL as a relational database management system, and PHP as the object-oriented scripting language.

Lamp Server – Review

The server sometimes uses Python or PERL instead of PHP. For its Multi-layer, Lamp server is known as Stacks and can be built on various operating systems. It becomes WEMP when used with Windows operating system, MAMP with Macintosh system, and SAMP with Solaris system. The server is based on Linux, Apache, MySQL, and PHP languages. Each aspect of the coding source is discussed in this article to explain to you the comprehensive operation of this server. The developer of Lamp Server is LAMP packaged by Bitnami. The latest released version is LAMP packaged by Bitnami 8.0.13-0.

LAMP has been serving as the most preferred server for over a decade. The stack is highly customizable, so you can build on the default server to give it your personal touch. Overall, the Lamp Server helps you in reducing the development time because it is open-source. Work within the Apache module to get 80% of the way there, customize the remaining 20% and save significant time. All in all, you witness an extensive LAMP ecosystem today for its efficiency and flexibility.

Lamp Server – Features

Linux as an operating system

Lamp Server is an exceptionally rock-solid, reliable, and secure platform because it is primarily based on Linux. Linus makes it possible to install all types of hardware from old model personal computers to a multi-CPU rack server. However, despite its efficiency and popularity, Linux is still unfamiliar territory for many novice users. Therefore, it is near impossible for them to install an entire server from scratch i-e command line. Contrarily installing a Lamp Server is an easier option.

Apache as a web server

Apache, the web server, processes requests. It serves up the web assets through HTTP to make the application accessible to users in the public domain over a simple, straightforward web URL. An open community developed and maintains Apache as a mature web server that is feature-rich. Currently, it is running a considerable portion of total websites on the internet.

MySQL as a database manager

MySQL is also an open-source system that serves as relational database management and storage of application data. MySQL stores your information in a format that SQL can easily inquire about. SQL is a great option to deal with a well-structured business domain since you would want to translate the structure into the backend. MySQL is most suitable to run even the largest and websites with complex databases.

PHP as a scripting language

PHP is the programming language that Lamp Server uses to script. It is an open-source scripting language that is highly compatible with Apache and helps in creating dynamic web pages. Since HTML is not suitable to perform dynamic processes like pulling the info out of a database, on the other hand, PHP is the best option for this type of functionality. You simply put PHP code into the portions of a page that needs to be more dynamic.

Easy Installation

There are two different methods to install the Lamp Server You can install it one piece at a time or with a single command. Since you will be doing it using the command line, it is best to open up your preferred terminal window.

Once your LAMP stack is fully installed, place your HTML and PHP files in a web-enabled directory according to your preference. Do not forget to place the command-line PHP scripts in the home directory and eradicate all permissions from other directories. You can read about the wamp server also.

Lamp Server – Technical Details

Title: Lamp Server
Added OnNovember 24, 2021 1:36 am
Updated OnDecember 14, 2021 10:04 pm
Version: v 7.3.9
Category: Development Tools
License Type: Freeware
Operating System: Linux
Developers:Bitnami Inc
File Name:
File Size: 239.95 MB

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button